Thursday 3 January 2013

Honey Bee's First Flight into the Blogging World!


Hello all my Little Honey Bee's out there! I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year and I hope it will be full of all things pretty and sparkly! 

Wow what a year it has been, this time last year I was head of PE in an Independent school and now I'm running my own business in the glorious world of events and weddings which I just adore! There is something about helping people bring something special and individual to their event that just makes me feel all warm inside :-) It especially makes me smile if they are hiring my vintage china. I enjoy picking the finest pieces from the Honey Bee's Collection as I get to see all my ladies again (apologies I call all my pieces the ladies!) and wonder about whose home they used to live in and what family used to drink from them. 

As many of you know my obsession with vintage china started with my own wedding to James aka Mr Honey Bee's and the fact that my mum and I just couldn't stop collecting it!! Isn't it just lovely that my wedding collection can make other people smile. My very first wedding fair was at The Bede House in Higham Ferrers, I remember not sleeping very well the night before as I was so nervous about what to say to people! Oh how things have changed I just LOVE wedding fairs now and its second nature to me to talk to all the gorgeous brides and grooms about all things VINTAGE! 


The Beautiful Kelmarsh Hall Wedding Showcase

The Princes Trust saw my passion for all things vintage and helped me write my first business plan (slightly daunting at first!) and I was successful with a small grant and I also have a wonderful mentor, Anne, who is always full of help and more importantly give positive vibes about Honey Bee's.  One of my highlights of the year was being invited to have a stand at The Prince's Trust Celebrating Success Awards at The Round House in Derby which was so lovely to meet lots of people that were so interested in Honey Bee's.
The Prince's Trust Celebrating Success Awards
The Round House Derby



In June I was lucky to be offered a photo shoot for Honey Bee's with our wedding photographer Nigel Ord Smith and jumped at the chance. I don't do things by halves so by the time it was the morning of the shoot I had my lovely friend Ali from Hobbits Vintage Creations (who make the most beautiful wedding accessories from vintage fabrics), Tom with his stunning vintage Chrysler, Elaine and her yummy cakes, Helen for make up, Ed on hair design, 7 models and not forgetting my chief roady my dad!! What an amazing day it was and when Nigel showed me the results the following week I was absolutely over the moon. I hope you think so too (lots more on Facebook!




In 2013 I'm spreading my bee wings and extending my Honey Bee Sparkle into the West Midlands and will be attending lots of wedding fairs all over the Midlands. 

My year is booking up fast but for all those lovely brides that are still looking to book Honey Bee's I have a special gift for you..... If you book and pay your deposit by 1st February I will deduct 15% from you quote. Just drop me an email via my website (mentioning my blog) for a quote or to arrange a meeting. 

Helen from Honey Bee's x

Honey Bee's Wedding Showcase dates:
13th January - Hothorpe Hall
2nd February - The Courtyard Hotel, Stanwick
10th February - Shearsby Bath
3rd March - The Raven, Corby 
10th March - Middleton Hall, Warwickshire

hello@honeybeesvintageteas.co.uk



  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment